We didn't leave the house all week and it got to yesterday afternoon and I needed some comfort food... something that wasn't too complicated (for my fuzzy sinus brain), something that my daughter could 'help' with and something that was reliable... the answer was lemonade scones!
I used these quantities...
3 cups self raising flour
1 cup lemonade
1 cup cream
Preheat oven to 220'
Sift flour, add cream and lemonade.
I always remember my Grandma's advice when making scones-
- Don't over mix.
- Use a knife to mix.
- Don't worry if it looks sticky and wet.
- Handle them as little as possible.
- Once rolled and cut, place the scones really close together on the tray to help them rise.
- Use a pastry brush to brush a little bit of milk on top of each scone.
- Place in a preheated HOT oven 220'c - for about 15 minutes.
Ahhh scones, good for the soul!